See more lab members on the left menu.
Dr. Marcello NapolitanoProfessor
Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
EducationPh.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Oklahoma, December 1989.
M.S. in Aeronautical Engineering, University of Naples, Naples, Italy, November 1985.
Professor – West Virginia University. May 2001 – to date
Associate Professor - West Virginia University. May 1996 – May 2001
Assistant Professor - West Virginia University. January 1990 - May 1996.
Graduate Teaching Assistant - Oklahoma State University. August 1986 - December 1989.
Regular Courses at WVU/MAE
- MAE 365: Flight Mechanics - I
- MAE 460: Automatic Controls
- MAE 493D: Introduction to Flight Simulation
Research Areas of Interest
- Application of neural networks to flight control systems
- Fault-tolerant flight control systems with flight testing on scale models
- Aircraft parameter estimation from flight data
- System requirements for fault tolerant flight control systems
- Formation control laws for UAVs
- Aerial refueling for UAVs
- Cooperating UAVs
Contact Information:Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
College of Engineering and Mineral Resources
West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV 26506-6106
Tel (304) 293-4111 x 2346 Fax (304)293-6689